Welcome to this interactive Equine blog

Here we hope to offer horse Tales, Equine sales of all kinds and tips on horse care and training.
What would you like to share or what horse items are you wanting to sell ? Simply post it !
Here is my first tip: Do you have a problum removing thoes nasty bot eggs in the fall ? Try a sponge saturated with rubbing alcohol. Scrub the eggs with soaked sponge . I do it several times . Eggs that don't come off will shrivel and If ingusted won't hatch.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

8 Sounds a horse makes & Why!

1 : A Snort: There may be danger! A snorting horse can be heard from a distance of about 50 yards. It means there is something worth worrying about and It can worn its companions.

2: A squeal: is a defencive signal,it means don't push me ;I'm the boss!

3: A greeting nicker A low guttural sound with a pulsating quality. It indicates,come here ,or its good to see you!

4: A courtship nicker : Given to a mare preformed by a stallion approaching her is to say HELLO BABY ,That's what I like!

5: The maternal nicker given by a mare to her foal is a deep quiet nicker saying : come a little closer or follow me!

6: A Neigh or whinny : The longest and loudest of horse calls ,It can call other horses when its been separated from the group, a call when one of their own goes off ,as if to say where are you going!

7; The Roar: a rare sound : It may be from intense fear , rage or both . It can be heard as a higher pitch or almost a scream...

8: The blow or snort : A fluttering of the nose often heard : A signal of well being , a short blow may say whats this, but not in alarm . can mean just boredom or clearing their nose of dust!


5 comments:

Primitive Kountry said...

Great site..added your blog to my horse blog.

Paso Fino Horse Gal said...

Thanks !!

Anonymous said...

On back to back days a few weeks ago at different locations, within a few miles of each other in Frederick, MD, I got two horses to chat back to me after I cried out my own impression of a horse's neigh, whinny and sspppppphhhhh and/or Knicker.

Both days both horse replied. The second day I had drove up by a small corral with one young black stallion. There was a larger corral with several horses of different sizes and ages next to it. He ran over to the fence near me as he Chatted back to me. He pranced around the fence looking at me. All total for the first chat session he replied four times. I would drive off and drive back and when he saw me, he would again quickly run over to the fence to my call and again returned his reply. I drove away several times and drove back and every time he saw me he would run up to the fence again. Every time I chatted to him he chatted back to me. It seemed to me that he was excited to hear and see me and just by looking at him I got the impression that he was saying: "Hey man, how you doing? I like you, do you want to come inside and play with me? We can hang out and have some great fun together or maybe have a party"!

Please, express your opinions on what you think happened as we exchanged chats?

Unknown said...

aplikasi adu ayam jago terbaru 2018

Angel Tan said...

Bolavita Agen Judi sabung ayam Online